Wednesday, 4 April 2012

April Exercise Experiment!

Ok, this is my first blog entry! It is the first time in my life where I have ever felt like I had the need to use it, as blogging never really seemed to serve a purpose in my life. Felt a bit pretentious or pointless.

However, in the month of April 2012 I seemed to have found a purpose for this strange habit, and that is to document the next 4 weeks of my life as consciously undertake a self organised exercise and reasonably healthy eating program. It is nice To have a way of keeping record of everything I hope to do, as this will hopefully help me to keep accountable and then look back over what I have achieved in the 4 weeks!

As I have only discovered that keeping a blog of everything might be better and more organised than just using twitter or Facebook, I am going to have to back date some of my blogs from the work I did last week. That's just so I don't forget the work I've done!

So of you are graciously taking the time to read my updates on here, I hope you will feel like your part of the journey over the next 4 weeks too. You can also keep me accountable for the sneaky chocolate bars I will undoubtedly eat! lol

Just to set the context:

I also need to mention that the reason I am doing this is not exactly for vanity's sake. It is partly I admit, as I definitely want to lose some weight, get leaner, healthier and fitter. However the main reason is that I have just taken on a strictly GLUTEN FREE diet in the last 3 weeks, having suffered with some chronic tummy problems over the last few years i.e. Extreme bloating, chronic burping, stabbing pain in my belly, and other unspeakable nasties. This meant I haven't been able to exercise as much as I would like without feeling ill, have got far far too many colds, had no energy, sleepless nights, crazy moods etc etc Having seen countless useless Dr's that simply didn't listen to me and fobbed me off with excuses and diagnoses that simply haven't helped and inconclusive blood tests,a friend who is also a young GP recommend that I try a gluten free diet for a while. Having tried to do this more strictly over the last month (after being floored for nearly 6 weeks with gut pain) I have to admit already how much better I feel, and am able to exercise without feeling ill and generally live more normally again. I hope and pray that it will continue, and that I am finally onto something. After 7 years on and off of these symptoms, I really reckon its time that I caught a break. :)

Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment